Welcome to the Friends of Friar's Grove School Page
FoFGS is open to:
· Parents / carers / guardians / family members (over 18) of pupils attending the school.
· Teachers / non-teaching staff currently employed at the school.
· Any persons over the age of 18 wishing to offer support to the school.
Our aims are to:
· Develop effective relationships between staff / parents and others associated with the school.
· Engage in activities or provide facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the children.
In simple terms our aim is to raise money and have fun at the same time.
A number of children who attend Friar's Grove School come from out of the catchment area, so the social value of the parents and children having an opportunity to meet together in an informal way at a social occasion is important. Functions in this category include Discos, Adult Quiz Nights, Bingo Nights, Sponsored Walks and Ladies’ Pamper Evenings.
Regular fundraising activities:
There are two main fundraising activities during the year – our Summer and Christmas Fayres. From these two events we raise well over 50% of our total profit. Another event where our profit seems to be increasing each year is our Easter Egg Hunt. On all these occasions the school is open to local community. As well as having attractions to raise funds we also promote groups within the locality – ranging from Growing in St Johns to the local Police Community Support Officers.
Much help is needed at these events – even if you don't feel able to get involved with FoFGS in any other way – perhaps you could help for an hour at any of these events.
If you would like to get involved in FoFGS – please contact the School Office / email email@example.com