At Friar’s Grove we are committed to empowering young people to make a difference in our school and local area in respect of global issues such as climate change, biodiversity and plastic pollution.
Our Eco Council will be following the Eco-Schools seven-step framework. The Eco-Committee meet fortnightly and have discussed the first steps towards applying for our first Eco-Schools Green Flag. The members take the minutes and have come up with the beginnings of a plan, to include:
- Reducing litter in and around school
- Reducing food and plastic waste in school
- Growing more food on our school grounds
- Having regular Eco hours and assemblies
- Eco Info to go out on the newsletter/website